Here are the facts:
- In January 2017, Haley said in her confirmation hearing to be U.N. Ambassador, “As governor of South Carolina, we always welcomed the refugee program.”
- In April 2015, Haley supported Obama’s resettlement of Syrian refugees in South Carolina, then was criticized by members of her own party for not clearly reversing her position in November following the Paris terrorist attacks.
- The Post and Courier reported in November 2015 that Haley still supported bringing refugees from other countries to the United States.
- In November 2015, the Obama State Department praised Nikki Haley for the “generous support” she “provide[d] to refugees.”
- In December 2015, Haley blasted Trump’s proposed refugee restrictions, saying, “It defies everything that this country was based on and it’s just wrong.”
- Just this week, Haley stated half of Gazans do not want to be living under Hamas and that “America has always been sympathetic to the fact that you can separate civilians from terrorists, and that’s what we have to do.”
Haley is running from her own words, doubling down on flat out lies, and attacking Gov. Ron DeSantis – the only candidate in this race with the courage to draw a red line on Gaza refugees to protect our country and fight back against rising anti-Semitism. America deserves a leader, not a liar.
For all of Haley’s so-called foreign policy experience, how can she so easily lie about where she stands on such important issues? The answer is simple: it’s because Haley herself doesn’t know where she stands on this issue – or any issue – because she doesn’t have any real principles, only a political agenda. She gives the corporate media and donor world her politically correct message, while giving voters whatever phony message her consultants say plays best.
Gov. Ron DeSantis has been crystal clear about where he stands from day one. Americans shouldn’t have to worry whether their leaders mean what they say. With Gov. DeSantis, they don’t.
Full transcript of ‘Haley Lies About Her Record on Refugees’:
Fox News’ Laura Ingraham:
GOP Presidential candidate Nikki Haley thinks we should be bringing in more refugees. After Ron DeSantis strafed her for those comments, Nikki Haley reversed herself.
There is no reason for any refugees to come to America, and you know my record’s very clear on that.
Fox News’ Bill Hemmer:
So you agree with Ron DeSantis?
I’ve always said that.
Haley in 2017:
As Governor of South Carolina, we always welcomed the refugee program. We always welcomed the refugee program.
Haley in 2023:
There is no reason for any refugees to come to America.
Haley in 2017:
We always welcomed the refugee program.
My record’s very clear on that.