RELEASE: Iowa Farmers Sound the Alarm About Nikki Haley’s Pro-China Record
ATLANTA, Ga. – Farmers in Iowa are raising red flags about Nikki Haley’s dangerous record of rolling out the red carpet for China’s efforts to infiltrate America. During her time as Governor of South Carolina, Nikki Haley sold or gifted nearly 1,500 acres of American land to the Chinese. She even handed over hundreds of acres just 5 miles from a U.S. military base to a Chinese government-controlled high-tech company stocked with Chinese Communist Party officials.
As Nikki Haley’s pro-China record is brought to light, leaders in Iowa’s agricultural community are sounding the alarm about Haley. Despite what she says now, she put China first when she was governor. Protecting and helping America’s farmers is her last priority.
“As farmers who feed and fuel America, we have to seriously consider our presidential candidates like we are trusting someone with our livestock, equipment and our families. Supporting someone who isn’t being transparent will ruin us. Nikki Haley has not done as she said she will, giving away American land to the Chinese while serving as S.C. Governor, even as close as 5 miles from a military base. There have been many things that I have respected about Ambassador Haley, however, how can I be confident we’re not just getting lip service? At this point I am not. Gov. DeSantis understands our land is our most valuable resource and will fight for the American farmer. The one candidate who has the integrity to lead is DeSantis.” – Lance Lillibridge, Benton County farmer and Former President of the Iowa Corn Growers Association
“In Iowa, our land is our livelihood. It’s concerning to see that Nikki Haley gave away American land to the Chinese when she was governor. I am supporting Governor Ron DeSantis because he has done exactly what our governor Kim Reynolds has done here – banned farmland from being bought by China.” – Ross Paustian, Scott County farmer, member of Scott County Board of Supervisors, and former Chair of Iowa House Agriculture Committee
“Nikki Haley gave away American land to China, and that in my book is unacceptable. That is a huge national security risk, especially when that land is close to a military base. I want a president who would never sell our land to China in order to please Chinese businesses. That’s why I’m supporting Governor DeSantis – he understands this threat.” – Jane Cunningham, Carroll County Farmer
Here are the facts:
- As Governor, Haley gifted or sold nearly 1,500 acres of South Carolina land to Chinese companies.
- Haley recruited or celebrated nearly 20 Chinese companies coming to SC, despite the fact that most (17) of them chose locations within 20 miles of a military base – a huge spying risk.
- Haley gave China Jushi, a “high-tech” company with strong ties to the Chinese Communist Party, 197 acres of land for free and just 5 miles from Fort Jackson, a U.S. Army training center and 10 miles from McEntire Joint National Guard Base (owned by the U.S. Air Force and home to F-16s). It’s also 30 miles from Shaw Air Force Base.
- In 2015 alone, Haley welcomed more Chinese investment in her state than any other Republican governor in the America, adjusted for GDP.
- When a voter asked Haley about the land she gave to Chinese entities, she lied and claimed she never did.